• Twitter Classic


Follow us

  • Facebook Classic

Become a Fan


SDS Training and Security Pty Ltd Provider Number 31982 is a Registered Training Organisation Based in Queensland. 

Cash transit security officer

A cash transit security officer carries cash, bullion, jewellery or valuables. Officers who carry a weapon while working must also apply to the Queensland Police Service for the appropriate weapons licence.


To apply, you must:

• meet the eligibility criteria

• complete the training requirements and attach proof of qualifications

• complete the Security Providers Form 1-1 - Application for a security provider class 1 individual licence

• provide originals or certified copies of your birth certificate, birth extract, passport, Australian citizenship certificate or drivers licence

• pay the appropriate licence fee (fees are listed on the application form)

• pay the criminal history check fee

• pay the fingerprinting fee

• lodge the application (lodgement details are listed on the application form).



All security providers must be fingerprinted by the Queensland Police Service. After you´ve lodged your application, you will receive a letter from the Office of Fair Trading that details the process for having your fingerprints taken.


To qualify for an unrestricted cash transit security officer licence, you must successfully complete the following units of competency from the CPP07 Security Training Package.


CPPSEC3050A   Load and unload cash in transit in an unsecured environment

CPPSEC3051A   Implement cash-in-transit security procedures

CPPSEC3052A   Inspect and test cash-in-transit security equipment

HLTFA311A      Apply first aid



SDS is not CRICOS Registered, therefore, overseas students who have a subclass visa 500 are not eligible to join our courses (this is a Government guideline).


The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) is an Australian Government register that lists all Australian education providers offering courses to people studying in Australia on student visas and the courses offered.