Find out exactly how your business can benefit from a customised security solution by registering for our upcoming seminar - there's no hard sell, and it's free:
Keep up to date with all the latest in security - join our mailing list for free - simply enter your name and email below and click join:
Security Guard (Unarmed)
Security Guard (Unarmed)
Any person wishing to gain employment within the security industry in Queensland must hold a Security License issued by the Office of Fair Trading. This license comprises three functions:
• Security Officer Unarmed
• Crowd Controller
• Applied First Aid
To obtain the security officer (unarmed) license you must have first completed an approved training course. Certificate II in Security Operations will enable you to apply for this license through the Office of Fair Trading.
The units required to be completed for this course are:
• CPPSEC 2001A - Communicate effectively in the security industry
• CPPSEC 2002A - Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
• CPPSEC 2003B - Work effectively in the security industry
• CPPSEC 2004A - Respond to security risk situation
• CPPSEC 2005A - Work as part of a security team
• CPPSEC 2006A - Provide security services to clients
• CPPSEC 2011A - Control access to and exit from premises
• CPPSEC 2012A - Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
• CPPSEC 2014A - Operate basic security equipment
• CPPSEC 2015A - Patrol premises
• HLTFA301B - Apply first aid
To obtain the crowd controller license you must also complete an additional four units from Certificate III in Security Operations.
The additional units required to be completed for this course are:
• CPPSEC 3002A - Manage Conflict Through Negotiation
• CPPSEC 3003A - Determine Response to Security Risk Situation
• CPPSEC 3007A - Maintain Security of Environment
• CPPSEC 3013A - Control Persons Using Empty Hand Techniques
All units listed above units are included in our Security Guard / Crowd Controller course.
Course Delivery Method
This course is conducted each week from Monday to Friday commencing at 8.00am and runs for approximately seven (7) hours each day depending on class sizes. The training is delivered face to face in class including scenario’s, role plays, DVD training and hands on instructional demonstrations.
Flexible delivery is also available with courses being run after hours each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm and Saturdays from 8:00am to approximately 4:00pm. This option allows participants to vary their training according to work commitments at a self-paced study time. This course is designed for persons who looking for a career change but still need to work while studying.